Playing Ball Choking Hazard

Playing ball with your dog can be extremely dangerous.  We learned the lesson the hard way and my dear friend nearly lost her dog.  Luckily I was there to help her save his life.  Please read the post below, taken from facebook.

Standard chuck-it type balls or tennis balls are typically not going to be safe for most dogs.  If the dog can hold the ball in their mouth (like a dog typically would), it can be swallowed.  It needs to be big enough that they are unable to fit it inside their mouth.

Something like this is a fun, safe alternative (click image to go to Amazon).  They can grab the ball on the outside.  Get one that is definitely big enough they can’t get it fully in their mouth:

JW Pet Company Hol-ee Roller Dog Toy, 5-Inches (Colors Vary)