Monthly Archives: January 2015
As I do every year, I come up with a list of goals for the year, then review at the end of the year to see how we did. I plan to work towards these goals with practice, hard work and determination.
* Develop another unique throw. Possibly a throw where I switch hands during the motion, sort of a misdirection.
* Revisit a throw I used to do where I’d do a MAC off my chest but it was with a backhand motion, and the disc would really come out in a unique way. It wasn’t consistent enough. Come up with new tweaks for it and try to incorporate it into a routine.
* Continue to work on strength, conditioning and my weight good. Elliptical trainer, hiking, throwing practice are the ingredients.
* Develop a new routine. He will be 9 years old at the beginning of the season and needs an age appropriate routine.
* Remain competitive and qualify for a world finals or two.
* Continue to build drive for disc.
* Win a couple of toss and fetch events this season.
* Work on new in-close moves to add variety to her routine.
* Place in top 5 at a world finals event.
* Win a major / regional overall competition.
* Win a major toss and fetch event.
* State or Club Champion.
Key (she has a busy year ahead of her!):
* Quality dog catch.
* Get this new move working that I’ve started. She jumps onto my back from the front, runs down and then through my legs for a throw, dog catch or flip (future).
* Fast multiples sequence.
* Come up with a pre-routine.
* Develop a full 2 minute freestyle routine.
* Consistently get 5 throws at 30 yards or 4 at 40 yards plus a short throw.
* Place in a toss and fetch competition – this is not realistic, but it would be cool!
* Develop a nice flip. This won’t happen until the end of the year when she’s older and fully developed. It will be after the season is already over.